Tuesday 18 September 2018

No longer try to understand


We have much to say about this, but it is hard to make it clear to you because you no longer try to understand
Hebrews 5:11

I want to continue to try to understand. I don't want to give up, to close my heart to fresh insight and revelation. I have understood enough to know that there is more to come, I have seen glimpses and I long for a better view. The writer of Hebrews is not only concerned that the readers of the letter understand what is written but that they continue to seek to understand more. They once tried to understand but they no longer do, once they were desperate to grasp the truth but now they had let their desire slip

My attitude to learning will strongly impact what and how I am able to understand. I cannot help but influence my understanding, the question is whether the difference I make will be positive or negative. 

Jesus makes a similar point. "Consider carefully what you hear,” he continued. “With the measure you use, it will be measured to you—and even more. Whoever has will be given more; whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them.”
Mark 4:24,25

How we respond will significantly affect what additional revelation we receive. Our attitude will either be a conduit for fresh insight and understanding or a blockage that will stop new revelation and eventual cause us to lose what we already have

The choice is up to us!

No comments:

Post a Comment